U3A Dining Group
If you are looking to find culinary enlightenment, good food, interesting places to eat, character, charm, Interesting conversation, fun and socialising with other U3A members, and getting behind some of the worlds many different cuisines then maybe this group could be for you. A dining group with some ideas, however there must be lots I have not thought about and it really is member’s ideas.
What the group can do:-
- We pick a restaurant and it’s as simple as that
- We hunt out the unusual and exciting restaurant
- We seek out the unusual/ quirky locations
- A little restaurant /café that makes food to die for
- Street food / Taster Menu
- We find a little known chef who is yet to become great , but cooks great today
- We decide a food style/ cuisine/ culture and find the best place that cooks it
- We could get a chef into cook for us or we have private dining out
- Someone offers to cook for us, we all share the cost / help.
- We have a bring and share meals evening
- We do something out of the ordinary, how about dinner in Paris by Eurostar
- Dinner overlooking the sea, in a castle, prison, boat, steam train, ?????
- Listening to Jazz / musical etc with a meal
- Date/Time, will be agreed when the venue/format is decided, typically a Friday or Saturday once a month / 2 months .. But other days are all possible
All ideas that the group Can explore